[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination of Bruna Martins dos Santos

Elsa S elsa.saade at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 06:47:54 CEST 2018

I would like to wholeheartedly support Stephanie’s nomination of Bruna, and
wish her all the luck in these upcoming elections if she accepts the
nomination.

Bruna has been an exemplary NCUC representative on the EC for the past year
and I’ve had the pleasure to share the space with her, observing the keen
way she makes decisions and her proactive manner of taking up
responsibilities. Asides from her astute commitment to NCUC as an EC, she
has kept up her engagement with policy as pen holder to several public
comments and as a well-informed influential participant during discussions
both during meetings and virtually. She has also kept up her engagement
with outreach through NCUC and through the fellowship program, being a
mentor to several fellows in around the past year.

To add to all the above, in the past week, Bruna also had to take up the
responsibilities of our former chair Renata, and had to make hard decisions
at sensitive times. So far, she has proven herself more than capable; I’ve
seen every characteristic of a promising leader who is proactive, fair,
knowledgeable, ready to learn as well as lead our members forward.

Good luck Bruna, I hope you accept the nomination, and it was a true
pleasure working with you this year.

E.
—

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 8:11 PM Stephanie Perrin <
stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I would like to nominate Bruna Martins dos Santos for NCUC Chair this
> year.  Bruna currently serves as Vice-Chair, and has demonstrated her
> enthusiasm for the work, her willingness to address errors and omissions,
> to listen to the members, and to pay attention to our Charter and
> procedures.  I think these are important qualities in our leadership team,
> and I particularly appreciate her critical analysis of situations and
> keenness for improvement in our procedures and activities.
>
> I hope you will support this nomination, and give Bruna your support for
> Chair of NCUC.
>
> Stephanie Perrin

Elsa Saade
Consultant