[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Fellow to the IGF 2018

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Mon Oct 29 14:47:48 CET 2018

I think one topic that is not being covered here is that travel is not policy work. The policy work gets done in the working groups, any travel should be to support members who are already working for NCUC in working groups.
Unless people start actually taking up more real policy work at ICANN NCUC is at serious risk of becoming a tourist agency which is a huge reputational risk.

We need people to stop worrying about travel and perks and get down to helping NCUC on the policy issues that ICANN deals with. We need to have the same amount of engagement on the policy topics posted to this list as we do to the travel support topics that are posted to the list.