[NCUC-DISCUSS] David and his many positions at NCUC/NCSG/NPOC

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:33:09 CEST 2018

Yes Rafik the bylaws is not about encouraging participation. I didn't mean
that.
What I've written that the bylaws does allow holding simultaneous
leadership positions at the same time. That is why I've recommended to be
discussed.
When having more individual vacancies in each of the leadership positions
you will have more people for each role.
- By the way, this problem is not only at the NCSG/NCUC/NPOC level but in
the different constituencies within ICANN.
Also assigning different liaisons other than the leadership team to the
different cross-communities working groups will reduce the volunteer
burnouts and help bring more participation and might encourage new
participation to the constituencies.

As I've written that this problem might have been overlooked because there
were very few volunteers then and there was the need to accommodate
participation for the different duties.  But what was then is different
than the situation now, we could see members are contesting for the
different role and from my perspective it is very encouraging and the NCSG
don't want to loose this momentum.