[NCUC-DISCUSS] 2018 NCUC ExCom Election Results

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Wed Oct 10 11:38:27 CEST 2018

With respect:
- you never get 100% of anyones time as an NCUC representative. None of us have ever been employed full time for NCUC in any capacity. Most of us do ICANN as one thing among many - and more importantly, not only do most of the NCUC EC not devote 100% of the time they devote to ICANN to NCUC EC work, this is a good thing - we have people on the EC, and in other roles within NCSG, who are involved in policy work, other committees, etc, and often other ICANN bodies or processes such as ALAC, review teams, etc. Having an EC that is not focussed entirely on internal NCUC issues is a good thing, and has been standard practice for NCUC for a long time. We should always remember the goals of NCUC are around policy work in ICANN, and I strongly believe that having EC

- I consider this primarily a workload management issue to be resolved by the respective ECs. Please allow your elected representatives to make the decisions they have been elected to make.

Thanks

David