[NCUC-DISCUSS] David and his many positions at NCUC/NCSG/NPOC

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 08:29:59 CEST 2018

Actually no Ron. I did not say what I wanted to say fully before the
elections, specifically I did not want to provide the solutions before the
elections so that members can just elect whoever they want and not have
this discussion fully. this is not necessarily about David, no one is
disputing the voters wisdom. But doesn't mean that the Executive Committee
and the members might want to change the ways. it's for members to stop
such things if they deem appropriate.  Now that the election is over, I can
say a lot and I can say I am well informed and not just saying things out
of passion. I would like our members to make informed decisions in the
future.

This is done and dusted. I have suggested solutions if members want they
can pick them up if not they won't. I find it truly offensive to be told to
calm down, not to be emotional, that I spoke out of passion [ speaking out
of passion can imply  that the person you are responding to is not really
arguing rationally, If you mean that, and think I was not rational, I will
explain myself]! Maybe there is good intention behind using such terms but
it really is not the best way of having a discussion about our governance
(This is not the first time at NCUC and NCSG I am being told to stop
talking, which is wrong in a lot of ways but out of scope here)

To David: elected positions are different. yes I am NCSG chair but I am not
NCUC chair at the same time. and I am a member of EPDP but I tried to do
everything in my power to be on top of things and it's not
cross-constituency.  I believe a lot of commitment is needed for the
"elected" role and having two elected roles in two constituencies is just
not right. But that's my opinion.

and to the newly elected Executive Committee members:

NCUC chair is a voluntary position. NCUC chair should not always prompt you
to do things. You should work with her side by side, respond to her
requests promptly and as much as you can, carry the load with her. Some of
you are now on your third term. You know what is going on. Help your
colleagues and the chair. I have seen sometimes on NCUC EC list that some
members ask for a Doodle Poll to be sent to them by the Chair! It's just
plain wrong. asking Maryam to do everything is wrong too. Please do at
least 1/3 of what the chair does. Please attend the meetings, please weigh
in on emails and requests in a timely manner and please help your region to
be active and understand our mission.

 We have elections to be able to hold our leaders accountable. I enjoy
exercising that right.

Farzaneh