[NCUC-DISCUSS] IGF Workshop Discussion List

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Mon May 21 11:17:02 CEST 2018

Thanks for sharing these proposals. I just had one quick comment; I think any workshop that the NCUC (or the NCSG) proposes should be related in some way to the Domain Name System, as it is our mission to amplify the voice of individuals and civil society organisations in the development of the Domain Name System and this area of the Internet’s infrastructure. We do have a limited mission. I do appreciate that the larger Internet ecosystem has risks to the Domain Name System and ICANN’s mission and activities, however I worry that looking at the outcomes from Plenipot, as interesting as this would be, might lead us a little bit away from our narrow area of expertise. But it's great to get ideas rolling in, so thanks for starting this conversation!

Best wishes,
Ayden Férdeline