[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Call for ICANN61 participants] NCUC Policy Course - Onsite Slots - no funding

Cláudio Lucena claudiokilla at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:05:05 CET 2018

Another note, certificates are extremely useful for those of us who are
working in universities, at least in Latin America, but certainly in other
regions of the global south too, and definitely in other countries like
Spain and Portugal, where I have some experience.

Certifying activities makes it easier for us to inform them of our
contribution, for them to track our engagement and the days we might be
out, and more likely that they will allow us time to keep working and
engaged. It's a practice.

While helping at an NCUC booth at ICANN58 I saw a very interesting cultural
shock between a fellow from Spain, who was looking for a certification of
attendance to present back at his university, and a member of the
organizing committee in Denmark, who had no idea what he was talking about
or why he would need such a thing.

--
Cláudio S. de Lucena Neto

[image: cid:image001.png at 01D03AE9.ED675EB0]

  [image:
http://www.fd.lisboa.ucp.pt/site/resources/design/fdlogo-researchcenter.jpg]

Visiting Research Fellow

The Center for Cyber, Law and Policy, University of Haifa, Israel

**

PhD Candidate, Research Centre for the Future of Law

Católica Global School of Law, Universidade Católica Portuguesa

*

Researcher, Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia

Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Ensino Superior de Portugal

*

Professor of Law, Center for Legal Studies

Paraíba State University (UEPB), Brazil

LinkedIn: https://br.linkedin.com/pub/cláudio-lucena/22/7a8/822

Universidade Estadual da Paraíba

www.uepb.edu.br <https://br.linkedin.com/pub/cl%C3%A1udio-lucena/22/7a8/822>

Centro de Ciências Jurídicas - Campus I

Departamento de Direito Privado

Rua Coronel Salvino de Figueiredo, 157

CEP 58.400-253

Campina Grande - PB - Brasil

Fone/Fax: *55 83 3310 9753

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message, as well as any attached document, may contain information
that is confidential and privileged and is intended only for the use of the
addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this email
or attached documents, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email by
mistake.