[NCUC-DISCUSS] General Outline @ICANN61

Elsa S elsa.saade at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 01:09:26 CET 2018

Dear all,

In follow up to Maryam's email on the specific schedule, I am sending this
email on behalf of me and my colleagues on the NCUC EC. We are approaching
#ICANN61 and #NCUC has a list of excellent activities that we suggest
everyone attends! Please see below highlights which you could also share:

Day 1 - Sat 10 March 2018

08:30 - 10:15 - NCUC work meeting - Executive Committee, Membership affairs
and E-team

((Open NCUC work meeting)) https://participate.icann.org/sju61-103a

NCUC work meetings are open to all community members. With a commitment to
openness and transparency, NCUC meetings at ICANN address the
Constituency's governance.

10:30 - 12:00 - Civil Society Organizations Roundtable: a joint outreach by
NCUC + NPOC + NCSG

https://participate.icann.org/sju61-103a

Several international digital rights organizations are NCSG, NCUC or NPOC
members. Some of

these organizations will share with the audience a bit about their work and
why they became involved in ICANN. Learn more about doing DNS policy and
understand how you and/or your organization could get involved by  applying
for institutional membership.

Briefings by IGP, Open Knowledge Finland, Africa 2.0 and others

Keynote w/ Milton Mueller

13:30 - 15:00 - NCUC Outreach with ICANN Fellows and Nextgen Q & A
https://participate.icann.org/sju61-208bc

We'll listen to fellows' interest in ICANN and answer questions they may
have. The objective of this section is for us to hear their ideas to how
they think they might engage in doing policy in a multistakeholder setting.
Let's discuss the priorities for DNS policy in North America and other
regions.

Briefing by Bruna Santos

15:15 - 16:45 - Joint outreach NCUC + At-Large
https://participate.icann.org/sju61-208bc

Learn about civil society spaces in ICANN and how to engage in Internet
policy. Organized by NCUC and EURALO, this joint outreach will bring great
presentations on working groups in an interactive session to answer all
your questions.

Briefings from: NCUC EC: Louise Mariel - Bruna Santos - Elsa Saade

Tatiana Tropina and Olivier Crépin-Leblond

Day 2 - Sun 11 March 2018

08:30 - 15:00 - NCUC Policy Course (NCUC Members only:
https://participate.icann.org/sju61-103a-c)

If you want to know more about getting involved in policy processes at
ICANN, this course is for you! The policy course is an NCUC initiative
meant to support its members in improving their writing skills and
meaningful engagement into PDPs. Even if you already have some experience
in drafting public comments, join us anyway, as there is always a room for
improvement.

10:30 - 12:00 - NCUC Constituency Day - ICANN Working Groups Learning
Sessions

Learn about governance and policy working groups. Know how you can join and
make a difference.

Briefings from: Auction proceeds - Stephanie Perrin, RDS - Ayden Ferdeline,
RPM - Kathy Kleiman, CCWP Human Rights - Collin Kurre, Transparency -
Michael Karanicolas, WS2 Accountability - Rafik Dammak.

Day 4 - Tuesday 13 March 2018

13:30 - 15:00 - NCUC Constituency Day - Our Governance
https://participate.icann.org/sju61-103b

Interested in being a community leader? Come to talk to appointed and
elected representatives of NCUC about their roles in the Constituency.

Briefings with: Finance Committee Representative - Thato Mfikwe, Sam
Lanfranco

Policy Committee representatives - Farell Folly and Nick Shorey,

Executive Committee,

Focal Points.

15:15 - 16:45 - NPOC and NCUC Constituency Day - Work done in events in the
I* Ecosystem

https://participate.icann.org/sju61-104abc

NCUC members report on work being done in various spaces of the Internet
policy and governance ecosystem, showcasing advancements in policy
discussions and projects. Join and learn how to bring your perspective to
our sessions at Internet Freedom Festival, WSIS, Rightscon, LACNIC, IGF and
other spaces.

​​It would be great to see you all engaging in our activities and hopefully
get the chance to exchange thoughts on the wider engagement of NCUC at
ICANN61. I would particularly be interested in NewGTLD and GDPR related
sessions which will set a tone for a lot of the upcoming years of
discussions at ICANN, so if you'd like to discuss any of those, feel free
to reach out, I'd be more than happy to make myself available.

Best,

Elsa

Elsa Saade
Human Rights Officer