[NCUC-DISCUSS] 2018 NomCom cycle - deadline nearing

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Wed Mar 7 15:50:54 CET 2018

I want to echo Anriette’s comments that this group should identify and
recruit people to apply for one or more of the open ICANN leadership
positions.

Except in exceptional circumstances, the Nomcom can only select from the
pool of candidates that apply.

I am several others who have been following this year’s nomcom are
concerned in the absence of a diverse pool, the selection might be
biased in favour of candidates that are not allied nor supportive of
user nor NCUC positions. As such, more than ever, it is important that
good candidates are recruited to apply.

regards

Robert

--