[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Ext] Fellowship Request for ICANN 62 Policy Forum

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 19:13:38 CET 2018

Dear Daniel

I'm copying NCUC list.

I find it very unfortunate recanting the fellowship of Claire Craig.

She did the whole process by the book - saw a call, applied.

Knowing she was selected, took time and efforts (possibly including
financial ones), to organize herself to come to an ICANN meeting, to
volunteer to participate in ICANN processes as she has been doing as an
NCUC member, accompanying our lists and joining our online meetings.

As NCUC Chair, I would like to see more respect to our members.

People are not glitches.

To see decisions made about them based on that is not acceptable.

Community members are always grateful for staff work but the hard truth has
also to be said, esp. when decisions affect the collectivity of our
Constituency.

Hope this message is taken into account before future decisions.

Renata