[NCUC-DISCUSS] Reminder!!! Replenishment strategy on ICANN Reserve Fund at 17h00 UTC today

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Mar 1 18:36:04 CET 2018

I can sum up the call rather quickly. The reserve fund is empty and only covers 4.8 months of operating expenses, so has to be replenished. We need $68m.

Where do we get the money from? The proposed strategy is as follows:

- Raise it within five years maximum.
- ICANN org operational savings can generate $15m over five years.
- Raid the new gTLD auction proceeds and take a minimum $36m.
- Remaining shortfall can be funded through EITHER additional funds from fees imposed on the contracted parties OR additional auction proceeds allocation.
- Current investment strategy generates 6% returns per annum.

— Ayden