[NCUC-DISCUSS] Statement on Transparency and Off-list Communication

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Tue Jun 12 18:49:08 CEST 2018

Thanks Michael,

I appreciate the statement but may be missing some of the substance to be honest.
I had a read of the NCUC EC archives and it appears that in a number of cases that deliberations or items are bring brought to the EC at the last minute as ‘done deals’ this does indicate that there seems to be a lot of offlist work being done which is not in keeping with the history of how the EC list was treated and used. Indeed even the deliberations piece in the bylaws is slightly concerning to me as that represents a huge change from the past which we can see by going back in the list history.

I’ll also note that my interest in this is purely in the name of ensuring that we in NCUC set the standard for the rest of the community, and if I read through the other messages on this ncuc-discuss list here today I see that there are a lot of accusations flying around. Lets stick to the facts here and I hope that the whole EC can make a commitment to really making more of an effort to ensure all communications are on list, and if they are taken offlist at any point it needs to be very clearly documented the justification for why, and that that is recorded on list, this way we move away from a fragmented record.

And if anyone wants to claim that I was wasting peoples time with this and that I don’t understand the workload of being a volunteer at NCUC I’ll let my history and track record speak for itself.

-Thanks again

James