[NCUC-DISCUSS] Canada Wide Pharmacy’s PICDRP filing against NABP and .Pharmacy

Tracy Cooley tracy.cooley at personalimportation.org
Thu Jul 26 16:22:56 CEST 2018

Thank you for all the welcome messages as I am new to the group! I wanted
to share the following message from Ron Andruff regarding the ICANN
3-person Standing Panel unanimously affirming Canada Wide Pharmacy's PICDRP
filing again NABP and .Pharmacy as we believe this is an important issue.

Message from Ron Andruff:

Over the course of the last several years Tim Smith of the Canadian
International Pharmacy Association (CIPA) and I have shared with you and
others in the ICANN community our concerns about the National Association
of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) discriminatory .Pharmacy Registry policies.

On July 12th, the ICANN appointed, 3-person Standing Panel – citing three
inconsistencies in the registration policies – unanimously affirmed Canada
Wide Pharmacy’s PICDRP filing against NABP and .Pharmacy noting that “*the
Registry Operator did not comply with its obligations under the PIC to
operate .Pharmacy applications in a transparent manner*”, neither did
they “*implement
clear registration policies and program standards*”.

Paragraph 3(c) of Specification 11 reads as follows:  “*Registry Operator
will operate the TLD in a transparent manner consistent with general
principles of openness and non-discrimination by establishing, publishing
and adhering to clear registration policies*”.

We are alerting you to this important news to specifically point out a
real-world example of the many policy deficiencies that we have spoken with
you about, and which continue to plague the .Pharmacy registry.

ICANN has called upon NABP and .Pharmacy to comply with the Standing
Panel’s assessment and cure two registry contract breaches before August 11
th, 2018 or ICANN may commence a termination process.

>From a media perspective, this article
<https://domainnamewire.com/2018/07/13/icann-puts-pharmacy-operator-national-association-of-board-of-pharmacy-on-notice/>
captures the matter very well.

Thank you for your continued interest in our labors to bring positive
changes to .Pharmacy in our effort to ensure that one day this
industry-specific registry will truly be as the ICANN community intended: A
global resource for licensed pharmacies all over the world for the good of
all concerned; rather than be used solely by Big Pharma for shadow
regulation, as it is today.

As always, we welcome your thoughts, questions or comments on this matter.

Thank you -