[NCUC-DISCUSS] An interesting development

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 19:41:45 CEST 2018

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018, 18:28 Benjamin Akinmoyeje, <benakin at gmail.com> wrote.
Some experienced members informed the group it was a criminal offense, and
it would be easy for the government to influence the ccTLD (NIRA) to give
up the registered domain.

SO: The above is indeed what will eventually happen. So long as the current
registrant is unable to prove that he/she owns that brand NigeriaAir (by
incorporation) and remember govt also have a stake in this so it will be
quite easy for this to be resolved.

It's like someone registering fuoye.edu.ng, ofcourse that person would be
wasting his or her time if such person is not the official rep of FUOYE.

Regards

Also, some felt if the owner had paid for privacy on the said domain, it