[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination of Stephanie Perrin as the next NCSG Chair

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Wed Jul 18 22:50:52 CEST 2018

Friends,

I’d like to nominate Stephanie Perrin for the next NCSG Chair.  Stephanie has represented NCSG on the GNSO Council for the last four years and has fought tirelessly to defend Internet users’ privacy rights in the policy development process.  She’s been a major game-changer for privacy discussions at ICANN since she joined NCSG, and before that she had a long and distinguished career defending online privacy rights in the Canadian government and elsewhere.  I first met Stephanie in 2001 when she was awarded the "Pioneer Award" from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) for her work advancing Internet privacy rights, so she’s been dedicated to this cause for a long time.

Stephanie will be term-limited out of her current seat on the GNSO Council in this election, so we’d be very fortunate for her to transition into the role of NCSG Chair this fall and continue to represent us in that new capacity.

Thank you,
Robin