[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Call for (re)appointment] Nomcom representative

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 17 00:23:13 CEST 2018

I would certainly second that nomination, Remmy!  I have heard wonderful
feedback from other NomCom folks about the great job Anriette has been
doing for us.  The thing about NomCom is that members disappear into
their private space at meetings, toiling away for long hours reviewing
candidates, and so we don't get to talk to them or discuss the work.  It
is also a pretty steep learning curve, getting used to the procedures,
so if we can get a person to stay on a second year, once they have
figured out the system, that is a wonderful thing.

I think Anriette brings to the job all of our concerns about regional,
cultural, and gender diversity.  She also bring years of experience in
the Internet governance space, and a deep knowledge of the people in it
(including our crazy world at ICANN).  This is fundamental to choosing
excellent candidates, in my view.  I am glad she is willing to serve
another year, and thoroughly endorse her candidacy.

Stephanie Perrin