[NCUC-DISCUSS] Hold us accountable

Tracy Kadesa kadesatracy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 23:37:28 CEST 2018

Dear  Farzaneh,

I hope this email finds you well !

In light of the conversation up there, since my name has been mentioned , I
would like to explain as follows;

1. As a newcomer, I wasn't clear on approval procedures and since I was
applying to NCUC, I reached out to NCUC chair who was very helpful.(It did
not occur to me that this was wrong)

2.  NCUC chair then introduced me to yourselves(you and Maryam)  through an
email conversation , the email conversation was very cordial and you
explained that approval  takes a month. I am very thankful for how fast you
responded;

*3. On 18th March 2018, NCUC Chair made a polite  inquiry after I had asked
her what my membership status was , since 1 month had lapsed already.( *I
would have done the same if I was in NCUC chair's position).

  I am looking at that  particular email thread right  now,and honestly I
do not see any form of pressure from the NCUC chair.

  Your response was very warm and  both  you and NCUC chair have been
accessible in terms of   responding to queries here and there after my
approval.

4. I believe that NCUC chair doesn't just come out to randomly advocate for
people whose interests are not in line with NCUC  because that was not the
case in my situation.(here I am referring to Ayden's email highlighted
below)

*5. Lastly ,I believe in RESPECT and the conversation that I have
highlighted down here is just plain disrespectful and seems  like a
personal attack .That's not  how to handle another human being .Can't
people disagree cordially? Aren't there any standards in this place?isn't
there humanity in this place?  how do we advocate for free and open
internet  if we can not respect our team members?As civil society , I do
not know how people can  stay silent when such behavior is displayed. *

*THIS IS VERY WRONG! šŸ‘‡*

"Ayden FĆ©rdeline icann at ferdeline.com via
<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en> listserv.syr.edu
Jul 10 (1 day ago)
to NCSG-DISCUSS
Farzaneh,

Thank you for documenting this.

This is very troubling behaviour on the part of the NCUC Chair.

*It is outrageous that the NCUC Chair would seek to put pressure on you to
approve applications for membership who do not fulfil our membership
criteria. *We are here to defend non-commercial uses and users of the
Domain Name System, and must be careful not to allow those who do not
support a free and open Internet to use our platform in order to push
different priorities.

*I will not respond to Renata's other comments in this thread, as they are
immature and exemplify the poor judgement that has come to be the hallmark
of her tenure as NCUC Chair*.

Best wishes,

Ayden "

Thanks