[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Chair and NCUC elections timeline

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:34:45 CEST 2018

It feels like yesterday Renata, when we were both ICANN fellows in
Argentina, ICANN 53.  Your drive and enthusiasm to carry out activities,
help, and stand up for what you think is right are exemplary.  During  our
collaboration at NCUC EC I believe we made a great team. I might not agree
with your approach most of the time as NCUC chair but as Rafik mentions
leadership positions are thankless jobs and on top of that there is plenty
of criticism which comes with the job. Things can be easier if you think
about criticisms as a way to improve NCUC rather than interpreting them as
personal attacks.

I am very  sorry that you are facing personal issues and understand that in
this difficult time you might not want to continue in this demanding
position.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you remain involved in other
capacities in the future.

Best,

Farzaneh

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:40 AM Joy Liddicoat <joy at liddicoatlaw.co.nz>
wrote:

> Well said Rafik - and thank you very much Renata for your great service to
> the community
>
> Best wishes
>
> Joy Liddicoat
>
> On 11/07/2018 2:48 PM, Rafik Dammak wrote:
>
> Dear Renata,
>
> Thanks for the update on the election.
> I understand your decision and I know that was not easy to make. Being
> elected and volunteering for NCUC can be a lonely adventure sometimes but I
> think that you did your best and tried so endlessly regardless if there was
> disagreement. In the end, only good memories should remain.
>
> Best,
>
> Rafik
>

> Le mer. 11 juil. 2018 à 03:49, Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
> a écrit :
>
>> Dear members
>>
>> We are currently working on NCUC elections timeline, which is bound to
>> happen after NCSG elections.
>>
>> We will start sharing more information on election procedures then in
>> August.
>>
>> But I will anticipate that I am not running for elections in 2019 for
>> personal reasons.
>>
>> It has been great working with NCUC, NCSG, NPOC members and I am sure
>> there will still be a lot of collaboration and friendships we`ll carry
>> on.
>>
>> So let's get ready to participate actively on all the upcoming process
>> (elections, policy and governance) and i hope we can have a great
>> meeting in ICANN63.
>>
>> As I have always said, there are many opportunities to engage with
>> NCUC and ideally elections should be a time where all participate to
>> the most, as candidates, voters or debating improvements.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Renata

> Joy Liddicoat
>
> @internetrights