[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: NomCom Review: Major Milestone

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 05:27:27 CET 2018

Dear all,

I would like to share with you a message from Lars Hoffman on behalf
of NomCom Implementation Planning Team co-Chairs, Tom Barrett and Cheryl
Langdon-Orr the about a milestone that has just been reached in the NomCom
Review.

best,
Bruna

*Message sent on behalf of NomCom Implementation Planning Team co-Chairs,
Tom Barrett and Cheryl Langdon-Orr.*

Dear Bruna

This is to inform you that on 13 December 2018 the NomCom Implementation
Planning Team <https://community.icann.org/x/3wBpBQ> (IPT) approved, with
full consensus, its Feasibility Assessment and Initial Implementation Plan
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/90767583/NomCom2ReviewFAIIP.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1544821106000&api=v2>
 (FAIIP). We note that the IPT accepted all 27 recommendations contained in
the final report
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/nomcom-review-final-05jun18-en.pdf>
 – with a few minor amendments to four of them (Rec #15 (p.56), Rec #24
(p.89), Rec #25 (p.93), Rec #27 (p.101) in the attached FAIIP).

Due to the community-wide interest in the NomCom review, we are reaching
out to all SO/AC, SG/C leaders, informing them of the FAIIP’s publication.
Please, share this information with your respective community at your
earliest convenience.

Following standards organizational review procedures, we currently expect
the Board to resolve on next steps, including implementation, during
ICANN64. Subject to that timeline, detailed implementation planning is
likely to start in April 2019, with the first steps being the creation of
an implementation team and the drafting of a detailed implementation plan,
followed by the implementation proper.

Please, do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns.

Best wishes

Lars Hoffmann- on behalf of Tom Barrett and Cheryl Langdon-Orr