[NCUC-DISCUSS] new focal point on underserved regions

Paulo Tavares pauloncsgicann at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 21:12:08 CEST 2018

I’d like to participate

Best,
Paulo

Em 21 de agosto de 2018 às 13:55:08, Renata Aquino Ribeiro (
raquino at gmail.com) escreveu:

Hi everyone

NCUC needs a new focal point on underserved regions.
The work consists on engaging those from regions underdeveloped or
populations which are underprivileged.
You will note that it says "regions" not "countries".
This will become interesting when discussing with the other
underserved regions work in ICANN, which is the GAC, not really fond
of deattachment to borders.
We have never had any support from the GAC or even communication.
We tried via the previous GAC liason, GAC staff but it is rather cumbersome.
The GAC promotes workshops for training government officers of
underserved regions but what you end up getting is a lot of people who
have never even been to a rural zone, for instance.

I have been the focal point for underserved regions but I am no longer
able to continue this work but can support anyone interested.

If we have more than one person interested, we can do an ad-hoc group.
You'll need all the help you can get.

Best,

Renata