[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Members Call - Important notes

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 22:05:56 CEST 2018

Hi everyone

So we had our NCUC members call today

Recording and chat already shared
https://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-discuss/2018-April/044159.html

I will get back to our agenda and make some important notes on content shared

NCUC Members Call 27th April 13UTC

Agenda

- NCUC Policy Course Alumni: Your story since the conclusion of the course

We want to hear your stories and see your participation on comments
and working groups. Some members shared theirs but we'll keep getting
back to you to be featured in our course report - onsite and remote
attendants.

- NCSG Course: What can NCUC expect

ICANN62 will also have a training experience and also with remote participation.
So expect invites to participate soon.

- Buddy Pilot Program Chat 1st round: what happened?

We received a great positive feedback from some buddies and newcomers.
If you still haven't engaged in the program, please do so and write to
chair at ncuc.org if any questions.

- Buddy Pilot Program 2nd round: ideas for buddies

The 2nd call for buddies will come soon and anybody w/ more than 6
months of NCUC can be a buddy or a guide to a newcomer
The idea is to explore together the vast space of policy in ICANN

- ICANN62 Mentees and their plans: ideas for mentor

Thanks Ben and Anto for your plans to ICANN62. Some members have
already shown disposition to mentor you and we'll continue to talk for
preparation to your participation on ICANN62.

- Twitter for following ICANN events
- Mastodon for following ICANN events

Whichever social media you use, get ready to ask questions about PDPs
in ICANN next week

2nd round of #AskNCUC Twitter Chat AMA (Ask me Anything) w/ Kathy
Kleiman - Moderated by Shahul Hameed

We'll share more news soon but save the date 3May 13UTC Thu

- Research in internet policy partnerships - Viviane Vinagre, Renato
Leite, Marina Arvigo, Caleb Olumuyia
Training for consensus building collectively - cohorts and how they function

Some great hints by colleagues who are building formal and informal
working groups were shared. If you have such interest, reach out via
the list and join other colleagues.

- Public comments roundup - which are open and that you can be involved
- Working groups roundup - PDPs and WGs and points of contact

Rafik has shared a message w/ the links for these sources, keep an eye
on NCSG list too

Best,

Renata