[NCUC-DISCUSS] Global Editathon “Girls in ICT”

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 18:05:48 CEST 2018

Dear all,

A bit off-topic but the Internet Society Women's Special Interest Group
<https://twitter.com/SIGWomenISOC> is organizing the *1st Global Editathon
“Girls in ICT”* on April 28th on the occasion of the Girls in ICT Day
<https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Digital-Inclusion/Women-and-Girls/Girls-in-ICT-Portal/Pages/Portal.aspx>
 and with the support of  Wikimedia Foundation. More info can be found on
the email below!

Best,
Bruna

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Sara Fratti <saragtti at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> At the Women's Special Interest Group <https://twitter.com/SIGWomenISOC>of
>> the Internet Society and in coordination with Wikimedia Foundation, we are
>> organizing the *1st Global Editathon “Girls in ICT”* on April 28 on the
>> occasion of the Girls in ICT Day
>> <https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Digital-Inclusion/Women-and-Girls/Girls-in-ICT-Portal/Pages/Portal.aspx>
>> (which is on April 26).
>>

>> We want to create content written by women and about women on the Girls
>> in ICT Day, mainly to make women in technology more visible and to inspired
>> girls to pursue STEM careers. On that day, we will edit the biographies of
>> women: founding, pioneers, entrepreneurs, developers, and leaders in
>> technology from each region.
>>

>> Register and participate in a node or online in the Global Editathon
>> Girls in ICT
>> https://goo.gl/forms/4J6z9hFK5LplL6cf1
>>
>> If you have any doubts, contact us: sigwomenisoc at gmail.com
>>

>> Join us to make more women visible in Wikipedia!

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

+55 61 99252-6512
Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos
@boomartins