[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC members call

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:26:40 CEST 2018

Hi everyone,

Just one quick clarification with regards to the "Research in Internet
Policy partnerships" point in the agenda and also about renata's last email
on the same point:

The initiative is being organized by GSE Brazil team with the Mackenzie
University - and the team happens to have two NCUC members (Viviane and
Renato) - and I believe that  the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee is
not yet involved with the group. Last but not least, that the general aim
of it is to empower and encourage student/academic participation in
Internet policy making processes and Internet Governance.

But I think the team will be able to better explain the initiative on the
Members call, as well as help us see how NCUC and our membership can be
helpful to them. Either way, congrats to Viviane and Renato for the
initiative (:
best,
Bruna Santos

> Hi
>
> Some have been asking me about the item on research in internet policy
> and partnerships
>
> 2 of our members and GSE Brazil and people from CGIbr organized an
> informal research group on ICANN in an University in Sao Paulo. They
> meet periodically and all area welcome to join. They'll share more
> details about this initiative on the call.
>

> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 1:52 PM, Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear NCUC members
> >
> > I'm organizing a members call on the 27th 13UTC to give you some
> > updates and also to discuss a few items.
> >
> > Please see the agenda of the call below and comment.
> >
> > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t4ub113WjIg61bQWyARbHQYt0sIQo
> kITfPIbt-Mhkpg/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> > Thanks

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *