[NCUC-DISCUSS] Extended - IMPORTANT: [Call for volunteers] ICANNFellowship Program Community Consultation

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Apr 5 13:25:16 CEST 2018

Hi Renata,

Thank you for your message.

I disagree that there have been "many interventions" to this document. The Google Doc is in read-only mode, and I was not granted edit access, so I have not been able to share my contributions to the proposed text.

Of the 13 pages, 9 pages are copied and pasted from other sources and do not relate to the questionnaire at hand. Of the 19 questions we have been asked to answer, most (14) have not been responded to, and those 5 with answers seem under-developed.

We have already received one extension. This questionnaire was circulated on the NCSG list in January, and I do not believe the text that I see in the Google Doc today represents the view of the broader NCUC membership. I think it would be inappropriate for the EC to submit this, given the document has not been open to all members to edit, that the text is not final, and responses are not offered to a majority of the 19 questions being asked.

A fortnight ago I requested, very modestly, that the membership have at least 24 hours to review the final text before the EC considers endorsing and submitting it. I am disappointed that this will not be the case. This is not how we used to work.

I respectfully suggest that this response is under-developed and not suitable for submission on behalf of the NCUC. This is not a criticism of anyone (I thank those who have worked on this document), it is just the reality that we can't meet the deadline.

Kind regards,

​Ayden Férdeline