[NCUC-DISCUSS] Meeting with Goran

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 04:43:30 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I am sorry for this late note about the update with Goran. I was waiting
for the notes from Staff but they seem to be busy so here are some very
rough notes:

1. Talked about criteria for selection meeting venue. He said there are
still discussions on the criteria and we can contribute. So things haven't
patched up quite yet.

2. Mentioned remote hubs being closed down, he implied they were not very
popular and he is open to ideas to make engagement better and mentioned
their regional offices are becoming more active and facilitate
participation. So, if you have ideas for better engagement with ICANN
meetings, let us know

3. GDPR: I mentioned lack of transparency. He said that was not the
intention but this is a complex issue and they don't have answers and are
trying to investigate the matter. Asked if we could write a statement which
clarifies our position

4. I said we are worried about the consumer safeguard office. He said if we
need clarifications, we can ask him as well.

5. Ombudsman: Ombuds reports to Board, but he agreed that we need to have
an office and not one person and he said his staff are neutral.

These were my rough notes. If I manage to check with staff notes I will
complete them further.

Farzaneh