[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Request for Comment] NCUC meeting with GAC

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 22:25:02 CEST 2017

Hi Bill

> We seem to be talking past each other somehow.

Yes. I hope to get points for trying, though.

> I wasn’t suggesting we could create damages. I said it’d be good if any
> input we make "helps focus the discussion and bound the possible space of
> least damaging outcomes.”  That is to say, help ICANN to focus on outcomes
> involving the narrowest possible range of negative impacts.

I am again, missing here what such input could be like.
Active engagement in new gTLDs wg seems a way forward and there are
members working on that path.
Beyond that, it would have to be something like a statement or a
participation on a comment so a request to be made to Chair or PC
Chair could be ways forward.
Once more, I do not oppose any similar effort but just pictured how it
seemed that the GAC has been increasingly vocal, in a number of issues
and that this should be tackled not by topic but by procedure.

Best,

Renata