[NCUC-DISCUSS] Questions for candidates

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 12:15:27 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I may not be able to join the whole call today so here are some questions
for both EC candidates and Chairs. I posted few of them already in the
Adobe chat.

Please feel free to respond to those you want but I would love to have
different perspectives form each one of you.

Feel free to either address them on the call or directly over email to
allow more discussion.

Regards,

Arsene

*Question for Chairs: *

What do you think NCUC members expect from the new Chair? I believe as
Chair, you have the ability to know what members needs and what they want
to see as a change with your new leadership. Please do comment on this.

*Questions for EC candidates: *You will be representing your regions on the
EC.

-          Do you really think civil society activists from your respective
regions need to know about the NCUC and become members? If yes, please tell
us why.

-          What is your strategy to have civil society organizations (not
individuals) from your regions join the NCUC as members?

-          Can you name up to two organizations based in your region that
you would love to see join NCUC? And why these?

*Questions for Chairs: *

-          What do you consider being the difference (in terms of
engagement and weight if any) between individual members and organization
members within the NCUC?

-          What is your plan to recruit large and influential civil society
groups to join the NCUC? Do you see any value in doing that?

-          Can you name some large (global) civil society groups that you
would like to see join the NCUC?

-          Sometimes on the mailing list we don’t feel the difference
between an individual member and someone who represents an organization.
What do you think is the reason? What is your strategy to make sure these
representatives are conveying our work to their respective organizations?
------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN Fellow (Los Angeles
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-18-en> & Marrakech
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/marrakech55-attendees-2016-03-14-en>
). AFRINIC Fellow (Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)