[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: Nomination of Elsa Saade to NCUC Executive Committee

Elsa S elsa.saade at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 18:14:37 CEST 2017

Thank you very much Robin, for the nomination and Gazi for the letter of
support. I am honored to accept this nomination.

On Oct 10, 2017, at 10:51 PM, Robin Gross <robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG> wrote:

All,

I’d like to nominate Elsa Saade of Lebanon to the position of NCUC
Executive Committee Representative (Asia-Pacific region).

Elsa is the current Human Rights Officer at Gulf Center for Human Rights
(GCHR) whereby she coordinates digital rights, capacity building and
advocacy campaigns in addition to projects.  Her present focus lies mostly
on a freedom of expression project related to hate speech in the MENA, Data
Visualization and the importance of verification in research and
documentation, and finally the export of surveillance tools from European
based corporations to the Gulf.

I first met Elsa at the Dublin ICANN meeting #54 in 2015 and have enjoyed
working with her on ICANN matters ever since then.  She has engaged in
several GNSO-NCSG-NCUC sessions and CCWG sessions on IG and Accountability
— and she keeps her eye on what the GAC is up to.

I think Elsa will make a terrific addition to the NCUC Executive Committee,
bringing a new set of skills and a new network for outreach and expertise
to the entire constituency.  Thanks for considering this nomination.

Best,
Robin

Elsa Saade
Human Rights Officer