[NCUC-DISCUSS] KSK rollover "750 million ppl at risk"

Michael J. Oghia mike.oghia at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 10:44:03 CEST 2017

Hi Renata,

I think I understand the miscommunication: you're right, it's ridiculous
that that many ISPs and other service providers have not prepared their
networks for it, which is also frustrating because I'm not sure how much
can be done to remedy the situation from the outside (certainly not by
coercion).

At the same time, I've seen some negative comments directed toward ICANN
staff for delaying it, when I think it was a prudent move (as Matthew
said). If anything, hopefully delaying it communicates how important it is
and that these service providers who haven't implemented the necessary
technical measures are hindering the process for everyone.

See you soon!
-Michael