[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination of Bruna Santos for NCUC LAC

Louise Marie Hurel louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 22:15:20 CEST 2017

I would also like to second Bruna's nomination for NCUC LAC EC position.

I met Bruna during last year's LACIGF. Since then, I've had the pleasure of
working with her on some initiatives focused on young women and access. Her
determination, focus, and perseverance are valuable assets that further my
conviction that she is more than qualified for the position (and I'm glad
to know she accepted it).  I would also highlight that she played an active
role in organizing the NCUC outreach session in Joburg.

Best,

Louise Marie Hurel

ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org>:

> I would like to also endorse Bruna for the LAC EC seat.
>
> My limited interaction with her in Johannesburg left a good impression of
> her energy and passion.
>
> Yours Sincerely
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Ms. Varsha Sewlal
> 083 6889964
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 03 Oct 2017, at 19:53, Marilia Monteiro <mariliaamonteiro at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I would like to echo the support for Bruna Santos for the LAC EC seat.
>
> I have followed her work and collaborated with Bruna since she acted as a
> legal advisor to the Executive Office of the President of Brazil. She has a
> strong background on Internet Governance both in the regional and the
> international levels and related tech issues. She was at the organization
> committee from Arena NetMundial, an unconference that was held by the
> Brazilian government during the days of the NetMundial aimed to discuss
> principles of Internet Governance with the civil society and, since than,
> Bruna has been doing a beautiful job as a young women in the IG ecosystem
> within the Youth Observatory, civil society co-cordinator at the Internet
> Governance Caucus (IGC), ICANN fellowship alumni and NCUC.
>
> We need voices like hers.
>
> All the best,
> Marília Monteiro

>> Hi everybody
>>
>> I strongly support the nomination of Bruna Santos for the LAC EC seat.
>> She is a young leader with a strong background on Internet governance, full
>> of energy and fully commited to main civil society interests within ICANN
>> and other relevant policy forums.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Flavio
>>

>> Hi!
>>
>> I would like to nominate Bruna Santos for NCUC LAC. I believe she is a
>> great fit, for she has been doing a great job involving her LAC colleagues
>> and fellows and anyone interested in NCUC's work and internet policy.
>>
>> I had the chance to share her first immersion to ICANN this year in
>> Copenhagen, where from the start she was eager to learn, cooperate and
>> integrate newcomers to the community. Bruna has also worked well in
>> beginning her steps in working groups and policy discussions within the
>> constituency, where she actively participated.
>>
>> New members welcome the recognition of those who work hard for NCUC so I
>> believe Bruna would be a good choice.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Antonella Perini.

>> --
>> Prof. Flávio Rech Wagner		   Tel: +55-51-3308 9494 <+55%2051%203308-9494>
>> Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul  Fax: +55-51-3308 7308 <+55%2051%203308-7308>
>> Instituto de Informática		   E-mail: flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
>> Porto Alegre, Brasil			   URL: www.inf.ufrgs.br/~flavio

> MM

LOUISE MARIE HUREL

Center for Political and Strategic Studies at the Naval War College - Brazil

London School of Economics (LSE) Media and Communications (Data and Society)
Skype: louise.dias
+44 (0) 7468 906327
*l.h.dias at lse.ac.uk <l.h.dias at lse.ac.uk> *
louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com