[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Travel Support Call] NCUC mentees for ICANN61

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Thu Nov 30 16:39:48 CET 2017

Bram
It's true that advancing the money and then getting reimbursed may not be as easy for many travelers (whether they are in developing country or not). However, some time ago we forwarded the money and a person just took it and never showed up. So we vowed never to do that again. It is also possible to buy the airfare in advance for the traveler, as ICANN does. However, we don't have the administrative resources to do that. ICANN has an entire department and a corporate relationship with a travel agency that allows it to carry that out. Hours of work working out travel itineraries, etc. are involved. We don't have the ability to do that.

--MM