[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Election results

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 15:02:36 CET 2017

Hi everyone,

Thanks Farzaneh for this email!

It is really good to see the outcomes of this election and it is great
that we have a new leadership, ready to lead us to our growth. I felt
a lot of passion, great ideas and plans when reading the statements
from all our candidates.

To our elected officers, we look forward to your work, guidance and
support as we raise the NCUC flag higher and higher. We have a lot of
expectations from you and we are confident you have all it requires to
make us proud of you! That;s why you were elected :)

I would also like to thank all those who stood for election and who
did not get enough votes. From your statements, we got to learn the
great potential that you hold within you and we had to understand that
this constituency has the right people that we can count on. So,
please do not grow weary because there is a lot more to come. We need
you to work with the elected officers as well as with the whole
community in ensuring your plans and projects you had won't fall
forgotten!

I really look forward to working with you all and please do not
hesitate if you need anything or if you need any help.

Best of luck and best regards,

Arsene

<ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org>:
> Congratulations to the NCUC Chair and Executive team!
>
> Good luck Farzaneh in your new endeavors!
>
> Best,
>
> Patricia
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 7 Nov 2017, at 10:13, MEDA Shefqet <medashefqet at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations to all those who were elected and wish success in their
>> missions to the all candidates...
>>
>>> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 11:08 AM, farzaneh badii
>>> <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> The NCUC election results are out and as follows:
>>>

>>> New NCUC Chair is Renata Aquino Ribeiro.
>>>
>>> New NCUC Excom Regional Reps are:
>>>

>>> Louise Marie Hurel (EU), Ines Hfaiedh (AF), Elsa Saade (APAC), Michael
>>> Karanicolas (NA), Bruna Santos (LAC)
>>>

>>> Congratulations!
>>>

>>> ****
>>>
>>> Election ID: 4510a4df32c, Status: open
>> Title: 2017 NCUC ExCom
>>> Elections
>> Start: 2017-10-23
>> End: 2017-11-05
>>> Total Ballots Cast (including duplicates): 264
>>
>>> Ballots Counted (excluding duplicates):  249
>>
>>> Voters Who Haven't Voted: 99
>>>

>>> Vote counts:
>>>
>>> NCUC Chair (1-year term)
>>> 92 votes    [] David Cake
>>> 27 votes    [] Farell Folly
>>> 11 votes    [] Kris Seeburn
>>> 113 votes    [] Renata Aquino Ribeiro
>>> 19 votes    [] Abstain
>>>
>>> Five (5) NCUC Executive Committee members
>>>
>>> Europe 1 seat (1-year term)
>>> 181 votes    [] Louise Marie Hurel
>>> 72 votes    [] Abstain
>>>
>>> Africa 1 seat (1-year term)
>>> 122 votes    [] Ines Hfaiedh
>>> 81 votes    [] Yolanda Mlonzi
>>> 53 votes    [] Abstain
>>>
>>> Asia Pacific 1 seat (1-year term)
>>> 110 votes    [] Elsa Saade
>>> 93 votes    [] Zakir Syed
>>> 53 votes    [] Abstain
>>>
>>> North America 1 seat (1-year term)
>>> 194 votes    [] Michael Karanicolas
>>> 59 votes    [] Abstain
>>>
>>> Latin America & Caribbean 1 seat (1-year term)
>>> 196 votes    [] Bruna Santos
>>> 57 votes    [] Abstain
>>>
>>> Farzaneh

>> --
>> Shefqet Meda
>>
>> Director
>> Directorate of Frequency Management, Numbering and Authorizations
>> Electronic and Postal Communications Authority
>> E: shefqet.meda at akep.al
>> alt. E: medashefqet at gmail.com
>> M: +355 69 20 73 474
>> Str. Abdi Toptani, Build. Torre Drin, Floor 7
>> Tirana, Albania

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN Fellow (Los Angeles
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-18-en> & Marrakech
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/marrakech55-attendees-2016-03-14-en>
). AFRINIC Fellow (Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)