[NCUC-DISCUSS] Privacy issues within Fellowship Program

thomascovenant thomascovenant at thomascovenant.org
Mon Nov 6 20:41:52 CET 2017

Dear all,

I want to point out an issue that is important to me: privacy.

Today the Fellowship Program sent out an email containing an attachment
with coaches' and fellows' private details: name, surname, home address
and phone number.

I see this as gross privacy violation.

I have not given my consent to share my personal details - I expect
every single person on the list to be asked for permission before doing
that. I expect to know exactly who these details will be shared with.

During this round, program has heavily relied on Facebook, Whatsapp
(owned by Facebook) and Google.

I am extremely frustrated by lack of basic privacy awareness within the
Fellowship Program.

I will follow up with TTF to propose an online privacy workshop for
those in charge of the Program, together with the request to review
tools and how fellows' information can be stored and handled in a secure
way.

Respecting privacy of others on this list,

thomas / Dina Solveig Jalkanen

--
* * *
Friendly geek in Amsterdam, happy FSFE and EFF member