[NCUC-DISCUSS] LACNIC next week

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Fri May 19 14:14:41 CEST 2017

Hi everyone

Next week I'll be in #LACNIC27 in the triple frontier city Foz do
IguaƧu (by the borders of Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil).

http://www.lacnic.net/web/eventos/lacnic27

Special guest this year is Goran Marby, ICANN CEO.

Last year LACNIC had as special guest Elise Gerlich right by the time
of IANA transition final deadline and its very emotional moments.

I am grateful to my 3 support sources which helped make this trip
possible: ICANN (ticket), LACNIC (registration fee) and UNILA (all the
rest). And sorry about the delay in confirming all the details, it was
quite a juggle.

So these are events suggested:

22 May 16:30 - 17:00
LACNOG DNS Working Group meeting
This is a new working group and this will be an strategy meeting and
get to know the members
Iguazu IV

23 May
Policy Forum track

24 May
Elections NRO/ASO and RC Members
Voters are only members from organizations which are part of LACNIC
but this is important to follow as some of these candidates are active
ICANN community members, fellows and participate in debates w/ civil
society representatives

25 May

10:00 - UNILA - Informal talk - Introduction to Internet Governance -
w/ NCUC members and IT Women LACNIC members
Registration and suggestion form:  http://bit.ly/charlaunila

11:30 LACTLD Track - DNS and Human Rights - interactive session - I'm
scheduled to make a small presentation on the beginning

14:30 - IT Women Work Session - community which discusses diversity
and participation in internet policies and in LACNIC

16:30 - Panel Diversity and Inclusion - promoted by LACNIC, I'll be
participating as moderator

Other tracks/debates of notice
LACTLD, LACNOG, LACSEC and others

UNILA is Federal University of Latin-American Integration, has courses
on Spanish and is supported by the government of Brazil to create
cooperation in the region.
www.unila.edu.br

Any questions, suggestions or willing to participate in these events
email me at raquino at gmail.com

Best,

Renata