[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Session at Rightscon

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Tue Mar 28 17:50:08 CEST 2017

Seun:

My understanding is that CROPP is not intended to boost attendance at regional meetings, it is intended to promote outreach and recruitment by ICANN constituencies. Given that I was in Europe anyway, at my own expense, I was perceived as the person in the best position to help NCUC with outreach and recruitment, because of my visibility and prominence on the field of Internet governance. I will be on three RightsCon workshops, giving a talk outside of RightsCon at the Center for European Policy Research, and able to staff the ICANN booth at other times. So CROPP is getting good bang for the buck. There are a lot of other things I could be doing in Brussels if I were not obligated to help NCUC at RightsCon and elsewhere.

--MM

I guess you may want to clarify and document that such option as you've indicated is possible. I use to think CROPP is mainly for events happening in a region to be attended by members from the region.