[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fw: [Internet Policy] New report by UN Rapporteur on Privacy

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sun Mar 5 17:59:28 CET 2017

Thanks for this added background, Milton. Very interesting. I remember reading a few years ago that the UN Special Rapporteur on Privacy said we needed a new treaty to safeguard data and to combat digital surveillance efforts, but it seems the idea as to what a Geneva Convention for the Internet could entail has evolved. I guess we won't be having any Nuremberg trials for privacy violations and data breaches anytime soon.

- Ayden