[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC workshop accepted at IGF

Bruna Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 19:11:25 CEST 2017

Congrats to Ayden and everyone that worked on the NCUC proposal!

I have also had two proposals selected (along with other members of this
constituency) as the Youth Observatory and we will be looking into
incorporating more speakers in both of them so these two could be another
space for extending NCUCs participation!

Its is satisfying to know that at least 6 of this years approved proposals
were either co-proposed by NCUC members or have some of us as listed
speakers given how competitive this year's selection was.

So congrats again to everyone!

Best,
Bruna

> Congrats NCUC for this achievement.
>
> More grease
>
> On 16 Jun 2017 8:35 pm, "Arsène Tungali" <arsenebaguma at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations for the wonderfull news, having a session accepted for
>> the IGF. I see this as an opportunity not only to present our work
>> (through our workshop) and show how our work aligns with the IGF but
>> also another type of outreach session, to attract more members who
>> will be supporting our policy development work.
>>
>> Last year, the NCUC had a booth and it was a good way to showcase our
>> work and a good meeting point. The EC should make sure they make good
>> use of the resources and support the participation of people who will
>> be able to represent the constituency, be they speakers or booth
>> leaders.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Arsene

>> > Hi Carlos,
>> >
>> > This is just my personal view, but I don't support random selection
>> being
>> > used for the allocation of precious resources. I think the EC should be
>> > awarding the IGF travel slots on the basis of merit and taking into
>> > consideration factors such as diversity. But this is just my view; I
>> trust
>> > the EC in time will inform us as to how they allocate these slots.
>> >
>> > Best wishes,
>> >
>> > Ayden Férdeline
>> > Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
>> >
>> > On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 7:54 pm, Carlos Vera <cveraq at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > The randomly selected person, must have some task on the IGF, among
>> others
>> > he-she can be an speaker.
>> >
>> > Carlos Vera
>> > isoc Ecuador
>> >
>> > On Jun 16, 2017, at 1:47 PM, Ayden Férdeline <icann at ferdeline.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > My personal view is that it is not the NCUC's role to bring people to
>> the
>> > IGF simply because they have not been before. There are externally
>> funded
>> > fellowships and programmes which do just that. I think the EC should
>> use our
>> > limited resources to bring speakers for our panel who do not otherwise
>> have
>> > a means of getting to Geneva. And that may well include people who have
>> not
>> > been to an IGF before. The EC has done that in previous years for other
>> fora
>> > like WSIS, RightsCon, and, I suspect, even the IGF. My impression has
>> always
>> > been that there has been a concerted effort to engage new voices in NCUC
>> > panels.
>> >
>> > Best wishes,
>> >
>> > Ayden Férdeline
>> > Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
>> >
>> > On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 7:38 pm, Zakir Syed via Ncuc-discuss
>> > <ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org> wrote:
> [...]

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

LLB, Centro Universitário de Brasilia, '12.
+55 61 99252-6512
Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos
@boomartins