[NCUC-DISCUSS] Update on NCUC Bylaws

Farell FOLLY (Africa 2.0) farell at benin2point0.org
Sat Jun 3 17:13:40 CEST 2017

Thanks. No comments.

De : Ncuc-discuss [mailto:ncuc-discuss-bounces at lists.ncuc.org] De la part de farzaneh badii
Envoyé : lundi 29 mai 2017 02:21
À : NCUC-discuss <ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org>
Objet : [NCUC-DISCUSS] Update on NCUC Bylaws

Dear all,

NCUC members voted to approve the new NCUC Bylaws in December 2016. Rafik (the then chair) submitted the Bylaws to ICANN staff for comments. ICANN staff sent us their comments. Since then we have been working on ICANN staff review of our Bylaws and with the EC we addressed their comments. You can see the recent Bylaws meeting of EC here: http://www.ncuc.org/governance/bylaws-meeting/

We will submit these answers and changes to ICANN staff by Monday 29 May and follow the procedure stipulated here: https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/charter-amendment-process-28sep13-en.pdf to finally adopt the bylaws after we have completed the process.

I have attached a clean version of the bylaws which is amended to reflect some of  ICANN Staff comments. Our responses to ICANN staff comment is also included.I have also attached what was approved by NCUC members in December.  You can also see the diff version I have created in HTM format which shows what has been changed, added or removed. The column on the left is the NCUC Bylaws which was approved in December, the column on the right is the Bylaws with the new amendments.

Best

Farzaneh