[NCUC-DISCUSS] Meetings and sessions in LACIGF next week

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:21:26 CEST 2017

Hi

So a group of members will be in LACIGF next week, self funded or
through other attributions.

There will be a few meetings and sessions that I would like to share here.

And it would be good to do an ICANN meeting there, please send a
message if interested - via the list(s) or directly.

It is quite interesting to go to Panamá now. In less than a year
until, LAC will formally get back to ICANN meeting calendars in
ICANN62 Panama City.

* What to expect

An absence: Venezuela.
Exception being new NCUC members and ISOC Venezuela leadership.
Other ICANN fellows too.
Most of them, who were able to immigrate and live in Brazil, Panamá or Peru now.

There is an interesting panel on data protection. With Facebook :)

* Sessions w/ NCUC/NCSG members

************2ago 8:00
Women in the IGF - Side meeting - Salon Colibri Violeta
Details of remote participation to be confirmed
#IGFem #MujeresIGF

2aug 11:00
- Human Rights and Internet Governance
w/ APC and Coding Rights

2ago 15:00 -
Data protection
Moderador: Agustina Callegari – Youth SIG
Panelistas:
Irvin Halman – AIG
Laura Juanes – Facebook
Cédric Laurant, Artículo 12, A.C.
Carlos Affonso – ITS-Rio
Fátima Cambronero – ISOC MX

2ago 17:00
- Cybersec from human rights perspective
*Maureen Hernandez – ISOC Venezuela
*Joana Varon – CodingRights (TBC)

***********3ago 11:00
- Access and its concerns - going beyond connectivity, what lacks to
connect more users - accomplishments in incentives to Competences in
the Digital Enviroment
Moderador: Mary Paz Canales
Panelistas:
Pablo Ruiz Díaz – AIG Panamá
Joao Brandt – Observacom
Oscar Robles – LACNIC
Andrés Sastre – ASIET
Gonzalo Navarro – ALAI
Relator: Jimena Sierra – IFT, México
and Renata Aquino Ribeiro (although my name isn't on the agenda yet,
sorry about that)

**********4aug 17:00
Open Mic

There is an informal Whatsapp group and the list community at lacigf.org
Sometimes the email returns though

Looking forward to see some of you there

Best,

Renata