[NCUC-DISCUSS] A problem in registration form for ICANN60 Abu Dhabi

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 02:12:59 CEST 2017

Hello

I have just read the raw transcript of the last WS2-Diversity meeting

Meeting page

https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66089058

Raw transcript

https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/66089058/DIVERSITY%20SUBGROUP%20MEETING%20_07132017-FINAL-en.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1500220959000&api=v2

The raw transcript means it is the 1st form of the transcript, no corrections

But what I read made me caught my attention enough to share this on the lists

Especially giving the discussion about reviewing where meetings happen

Apparently there was a "concern" with registration to ICANN60 because
"a form" presented the follow question and options of response

Gender:  Male/Female/Other

The "other" option raised the "concern" and ombudsman brought up that
this was the theme of a conversation w/ local organization

So what would happen if ICANN had, let's say, a number of
registrations of "Other" ?

Would this be theme for other conversations between ombudsman and
local organizers?

Are there any data collected by registration form that would cause
"concern" to local organizers?

And sorry about the extensive use of quote marks. The words are a bit
surprising and I tried to soften the blow.

Renata