[NCUC-DISCUSS] Information on the community regional engagement program (CROPP)

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 05:28:31 CET 2017

Dear NCUC Members,

The community regional engagement program (CROPP) is a program that
supports regional outreach activities.

The former EC asked for FY17 to use this program for one outreach event and
two travel support to a conference for outreach. You can find the NCUC
request here:
https://community.icann.org/display/croppfy17/NCUC+Outreach+Strategic+Plan

The outreach event provides funding to host or co-host an event, and
possibly supporting a very limited number of travelers to the event.

The current EC decided that the event should be held before ICANN meeting
in Johannesburg. Nothing has been arranged yet, and we will discuss at EC
how we will go forward with organizing the event. The budget for this event
is 7500 USD. Please note that we cannot fund any other event with this
budget. We can only spend it to organize a successful event in Johannesburg
before ICANN meeting. If you would like to help to organize this event in
Johannesburg, please let me know.

As to the two travel support, the former EC allocated one travel slot to
Aarti for APRIGF. One travel slot is left.  We discussed during EC meeting
that RightsCon might be appropriate. We still don't know if NCUC proposal
is accepted, but RightsCon is an option. You can suggest other events as
 alternative, and if we receive suggestions that we believe are more
beneficial for outreach than RightsCon, we will get back to you. You can
also use the outreach form for providing suggestions. Http://bit.ly/ncucout
<http://bit.ly/ncucout>

The timeline for submitting requests is critical. The travel support
request has to be submitted to us at least two months before the event. If
you would like to suggest an event, please consider this timeline. Travel
support only supports travel within the region of the event.

Best regards,

Farzaneh