[NCUC-DISCUSS] Discussion with ICANN CEO

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:38:53 CET 2017

Hi

> From: farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>
> - Diversity is important and that ICANN org will implement community
> decisions. We need to be proactive in coming up with ideas and criteria for
> bringing diversity. The WS2 on diversity was specifically mentioned.

I take it this is the reply about the travel ban issue.

This is a question I insisted on, despite criticism, so will comment
it briefly but not on my EC capacity.
If other members wish to know more about this, it is something we can work on.

I think it is great that the CEO is open to our "creative" proposals.
It is also always good that a group which has participation of Rafik,
Corinne, Rachel and many others on this community, including me, gets
mentioned.

I'm still at lost, however, to information about the issuance of a
belated communiqué (why so late?) and if other parts of ICANN are
working on this (why so little?).

But then again this is where I think this story ends.
The dialogue happened, that's good. But some things, for reasons
unknown, will remain unsaid.

Thank you chair for this summary and it is also, once more, important
to remember that bringing in hard questions is not at all opposing CEO
or putting anyone on the spot.
Some bad things we can only deal with and move on.

Best,

Renata