[NCUC-DISCUSS] Information on the community regional engagement program (CROPP)

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:02:22 CET 2017

Dear all

I'm glad there's interest in collaborating w/ NCUC on outreach, you
are all very needed.

But a few very important points:

1) If you are planning on applying for the doing an event on
Johannesburg, there's a limit to the budget so you need to submit a
plan.
That plan can not be overbudget (spending more than 7500usd) and it
has to be well structured.
This means you have to include a breakdown of the cost, possible
venues and suggested programme, at least.
You have build a plan proving you can do an event which will show what
NCUC is, attract new members and get them involved in the massive
amount of volunteer work needed in PDPs.
This plan can be a google doc url inserted in your outreach request.

2) All outreach requests can be made via the form http://bit.ly/ncucout
But that is not a "funding request form"
NCUC does not have a dedicated funding 24/7 available for outreach.
Online events, indication of materials, blog posts, twitter mentions,
allocation of speakers, that is all something we can do.
Also note that requests go out monthly

That said, don't forget
If you have an idea for outreach, if you want to submit a plan, do so
at the form
http://bit.ly/ncucout

February is ending and soon the answers to the requests submitted this
month will go out.

Best,

Renata