[NCUC-DISCUSS] Information on the community regional engagement program (CROPP)

Szeming szeming at sinarproject.org
Sun Feb 12 10:44:30 CET 2017

Hi Farzi and all,

I'm interested in helping with ICANN59 outreach events, esp for youth.

best,

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Thato Mfikwe <thatomfikwe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Farzaneh,
>
> I am interested in helping with the outreach taking place in Johannesburg,
> before ICANN 59 events, thanks.
>
> Thato Mfikwe
>
> On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 6:28 AM, farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear NCUC Members,
>>
>> The community regional engagement program (CROPP) is a program that
>> supports regional outreach activities.
>>
>> The former EC asked for FY17 to use this program for one outreach event
>> and two travel support to a conference for outreach. You can find the NCUC
>> request here: https://community.icann.org/di
>> splay/croppfy17/NCUC+Outreach+Strategic+Plan
>>

>> The outreach event provides funding to host or co-host an event, and
>> possibly supporting a very limited number of travelers to the event.
>>
>> The current EC decided that the event should be held before ICANN meeting
>> in Johannesburg. Nothing has been arranged yet, and we will discuss at EC
>> how we will go forward with organizing the event. The budget for this event
>> is 7500 USD. Please note that we cannot fund any other event with this
>> budget. We can only spend it to organize a successful event in Johannesburg
>> before ICANN meeting. If you would like to help to organize this event in
>> Johannesburg, please let me know.
>>

>> As to the two travel support, the former EC allocated one travel slot to
>> Aarti for APRIGF. One travel slot is left.  We discussed during EC meeting
>> that RightsCon might be appropriate. We still don't know if NCUC proposal
>> is accepted, but RightsCon is an option. You can suggest other events as
>>  alternative, and if we receive suggestions that we believe are more
>> beneficial for outreach than RightsCon, we will get back to you. You can
>> also use the outreach form for providing suggestions. Http://bit.ly/ncu
>> cout <http://bit.ly/ncucout>
>>
>> The timeline for submitting requests is critical. The travel support
>> request has to be submitted to us at least two months before the event. If
>> you would like to suggest an event, please consider this timeline. Travel
>> support only supports travel within the region of the event.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>

>> Farzaneh

​
- Please consider the environment before printing -

*Szeming*

*Programme Manager*
*SINAR PROJECT*

*Youth for Rights (Y4R) Coordinator*
*youth4rights.asia <http://youth4rights.asia> | info at youth4rights.asia
<info at youth4rights.asia>*

*Email: team at sinarproject.org <team at sinarproject.org> |
**digirights at sinarproject.org
<digirights at sinarproject.org>*
*Website: sinarproject.org <http://sinarproject.org> |
digimon.sinarproject.org <http://digimon.sinarproject.org>*
*Twitter: @eikologyy | @sinarproject*
*PGP ID: 1364EF9D*
*FingerPrint: **F3B3 1DBD 51C2 3FBC CE43 7EB4 C0E5 23E2 1364 EF9D*

*Youth For Rights 2017 @ RightsCon Brussels. More info: youth4rights.asia
<http://youth4rights.asia/> | rightscon.org <http://rightscon.org/>*