[NCUC-DISCUSS] Resigning from representing the Open Institute in NCUC

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Thu Feb 9 16:25:02 CET 2017

Dear Friends at NCUC,

thanks for the diverse responses to my [NCUC-DISCUSS] mail “Resigning
from representing the Open Institute in NCUC.”

I had not decided to do this lightly. But the kind suggestion: “can you
do two more years to make it TWENTY years :-) ” touches directly on the
reason why I resigned. I had written that I am “retired far away in the
countryside. Between some hills, there is only a not so stable access to
the Internet.”

Internet transmission towers are flocking to the places where they hope
to get many users – even there may be up to five transmitters in a small
market town, where different ISPs try to lure away users from their
competitors. Had one of them also built a repeater on one of the hills
here, in the officially designed "Phnom Voar Natural Tourism Region," I
would not have to spend hours and hours at the computer, just to very
slowly download e-mails and sending some out.

It is therefore that I ask – with real regrets – to take my address off
the list of [NCUC-DISCUSS]. Whoever wants to write to me directly is of
course welcome.

Norbert Klein
Cambodia