[NCUC-DISCUSS] Meeting with ICANN CEO

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Tue Feb 7 17:23:08 CET 2017

I agree with Ayden on this

All this aside I do not think it is the best use of our limited time with the CEO to discuss venue locations, let alone for a meeting in excess of 12 months time.

Indeed, some of the questions (e.g., about jurisdiction) seem to imply that the CEO is unilaterally in charge of sweeping issues and that mentioning these broad issues to him will somehow bring about change. I would reiterate the need to focus on mindshare for NCUC, clarification of our role, a chance to pre-empt or counter any misperceptions about NCUC and GNSO he might have, that sort of thing.