[NCUC-DISCUSS] Meeting with ICANN CEO

Margaret Osborne Margaret.Osborne at senecacollege.ca
Mon Feb 6 14:37:54 CET 2017

I support Ed in this.

Margaret

________________________________
From: Ncuc-discuss <ncuc-discuss-bounces at lists.ncuc.org> on behalf of Edward Morris <egmorris1 at toast.net>
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2017 7:03:42 PM
To: NCUC-discuss; farzaneh badii
Subject: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Meeting with ICANN CEO

Hi Farzi,

Here's one:

Ninety seven American hi tech companies signed an amicus brief supporting the State of Washington's lawsuit against United States President Donald Trump ( http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/business/amicus-brief-by-tech-companies/2322/ ) and his travel ban.

ICANN is an American high tech corporation impacted by the ban.

Did:

1. ICANN consider joining with its fellow American hi tech companies in signing onto this brief?,
2. If so, why did it decide not to do so?
3. If not, why not?
4. Does the CEO agree that the travel ban has serious repercussions  for ICANN? If so, what does ICANN intend to do, if anything,  to mitigate the harm this ban is causing and potentially will, if extended, continue to cause ICANN corporate and community?

Thanks for considering,

Ed Morris