[NCUC-DISCUSS] Update from NCSG Call

Zalnieriute, Monika Monika.Zalnieriute at EUI.eu
Mon Feb 27 07:00:05 CET 2017

Dear NCUC members,

I am writing to You as a NCUC Representative to the NCSG Executive Committee, to provide report back and summary of the decisions and discussion that have taken place within the NCSG EC meetings.

By the way of background, the NCSG Executive Committee is responsible for working with the NCSG Chair to make sure the NCSG functions according to its mission and principles. The NCSG-EC is responsible for supervising and monitoring the NCSG Chair’s performance of executive functions, and the NCSG-EC may call for a new chair election. The NCSG‑EC is also responsible for establishing and overseeing membership criteria, rules, as well as reviewing and approving applications to form new Constituencies in accordance with the Section 2.3 of the NCSG Charter and any applicable Constituency Recognition Process approved by the ICANN Board of Directors. The NCSG-EC’s formation, functions, composition and duties within the NCSG are set out in Section 2.4 of the NCSG Charter.

The NCSG EC had a phone meeting yesterday, and I am writing to update You all on what has been discussed and decided.

The following EC members participated in the call:
1.     Joan Kerr, NPOC Rep
2.     Robin Gross, NCUC Rep
3.     Monika Zalnieriute, NCUC Rep
4.     Tapani Tarvainen, NCSG Chair

As EC operates on a basis of full consensus, the decisions made on the 24th February were pending Poncelet Ileleji (NPOC Rep) approval/possible objection, as he was not participating in the call and could not express his opinion. Poncelet now has expressed his support for these decisions by e-mail, so the consensus has been reached.

During this call, the EC:

1.     Discussed and approved a number of new membership applications;
2.     Discussed an upcoming Constituency Review, that NCSG Executive Committee is conducting as required by NCSG Charter 2.3.3, to determine if any recommendation should be made
to the Board regarding a change in status of any Constituency.
3.     Decided to terminate Consumers' Constituency's candidate constituency status.
4.     Following Amr Elsadr's resignation from the council, we decided to appoint Avri Doria as his temporary alternate until the end of Copenhagen meeting and Martin Silva Valent as temporary replacement after that for the remainder of the term.

Thank you all,

Best wishes,

Monika

Kind regards,

Dr. Monika Zalnieriute

Post-Doctoral Fellow @ Melbourne Law School |

The University of Melbourne I law.unimelb.edu.au I

185 Pelham St, Carlton VIC 3053, Australia I

Visiting Fellow @ Center for Media, Data and Society I

Central European University I cmds.ceu.edu I

Representative @ Executive Committee I

Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group I ICANN I icann.org I

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.