[NCUC-DISCUSS] NomCom Public Meeting in Copenhagen

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Feb 23 08:12:19 CET 2017

Hi

Further to this,

> On Feb 21, 2017, at 07:55, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:
>
> Re: B) I’ve argued that the NC ought to be getting more input from across the community (e.g. not just the Board) about the desired skill sets and characteristics of appointees, perhaps an open comment page if a series of meetings is too complicated, but I’m just one member... Hopefully the WP can consider options here too.
>
> I would also suggest that people interested in these matters take advantage of the one thing we do have now, which is the public NomCom meeting.  The full schedule for Copenhagen is now up at https://schedule.icann.org <https://schedule.icann.org/> and this is set for Sunday, March 12, 3:15pm - 4:45pm.

So now there’s indications of interest from some on the NC in the idea of a community input page.  May I suggest that if there’s support here for the idea people show up at the public meeting and say so?  That could tip things.

The invitation to the event is attached.

Best

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer