[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Travel support call] NCUC Policy Course - limited funding for participants

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 00:00:07 CET 2017

Dear NCUC members,

Remember we asked you to save the date of 9 March, 1 day before ICANN61?

For a limited amount of participants, NCUC will be provide funding for
participants to attend the Policy Course. The course will have both
remote and onsite participation. Onsite participation will be limited
to a small group and we are still ascertaining the final number of
participants with ICANN.

This will be the new NCUC Policy Course, a project approved as
additional budget request last year.

Those interested can send in their application by 22dec to
chair at ncuc.org and maryam.bakoshi at icann.org and we'll share the list
of candidates approved to join the Policy Course in Puerto Rico.

Kindly Note:

1. This funding will go to two hotel nights (8 and 9 March) and will
be in average 400USD per person. We will announce the funding for 5
people and allocate 2000USD from NCUC funds.

2. As in our travel support policy, this funding will go to those
already involved in policy work and/or in NCUC governance documents
who need to learn more from this course.

3. Air travel to Puerto Rico or hotel in the days of ICANN61 is not
included. This funding is for those who will be already in ICANN61 and
may be available to arrive earlier in order to join the course.

Best,

Renata